“One of the great liabilities of history is that all too many people fail to remain awake through great periods of social change.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Foundation for Human Rights Terms and Conditions
Foundation for Human Rights is a Section 21 Not for Profit Company with Registration No. 95/08044/08, and PBO. VAT No 4270223912.
Its registered office is 36 Boundary Road, Isle of Houghton, Old Trafford 3, Parktown Johannesburg, 2193, South Africa.
How we use your personal information
Access to and use of this website (www.fhr.org.za) any related websites within the domain of www.fhr.org.za (the “Website”) is provided by Foundation for Human Rights (“FHR”) and is subject to the following terms:
- For the purposes of this agreement, “content” means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and audio, published on the Website, whether copyright of FHR or a third party.
- FHR does not warrant that the functions contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the content.
- FHR does not warrant that functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available on the internet are virus-free.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore any information sent by e-mail or submitted through the Website is at your own risk.
- The Website is provided “as is” without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- FHR reserves the right to change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Website after any changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- The terms and use of the Website shall be governed by South African law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- By donating to FHR via text you agree to have the donation sum and the cost of a standard text message added to your ‘pay monthly’ mobile phone bill or deducted from your ‘pay as you go’ mobile phone credit.
- We do not actively fundraise from the under 18s and will aim to ensure that no under 18’s are contacted with marketing material.
- All material on the Website is the copyright of FHR or third parties. You may view the content of this site on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Website content in any way except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Website’s content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. Any other use of the Website content requires the prior written permission of FHR.
- The names, images and logos identifying FHR or any other third parties referred to on the Website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trade mark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of FHR or any other third party.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, nor restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of, the Website.
- FHR will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Website, or the loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other civil action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Website.
- Your use of any third party websites is at your own risk and subject to their respective terms & conditions and privacy policies.
- Where you are invited to submit any contribution to FHR (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant FHR a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution . If you do not want to grant to FHR the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
- Contributions must be your own, they must be civil and tasteful. They must not contain any unlawful or objectionable content and they must not infringe the law. You agree that FHR shall not be responsible for your or anyone else’s contributions to its Website or any form of social media. Should you identify contributions which are unlawful, distasteful or otherwise objectionable then please contact FHR.
- When providing your details or contributions to us you are stating that you are over 18 years of age or are a minor with parental consent. You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any time will be true and accurate.
- When you make a donation to FHR through the “donation button” feature, you agree to terms and conditions of the PayFast payment platform. As part of the process, you will be asked to provide your personal details and other required information (e.g. in case you require a tax certificate). By providing your personal details, you agree that FHR will use them for the purpose of processing the payment and issuing the tax certificate. You will be asked to give an explicit consent for the use of your personal details for any other purposes.
- You agree to review this agreement periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes.