Supports the Executive Director in overall leadership, direction, coordination and management by directing organisational planning and operational management to ensure achievement of FHR Vision, Mission and Values and the delivery of its strategic goals.
- Core values
- Ensure that the management and operations of the FHR adheres to code of good practice principles and guidelines.
- Reviewing and updating operational policies, systems and protocols for maximum organisational effectiveness within FHR.
- Strategic Management
- Provide support to the Executive Director in the strategic direction and guidance to the FHR team in the fulfilment of the vision and mission of the FHR.
- Provide support the Executive Director in implementing the organisational strategy.
- Provide support the Executive Director with organisation planning and learning, and resource mobilisation in a way this is consistent with the overall FHR strategic plan and values
- Provide support to the Executive Director to lead, motivate, supervise, manage, support and inspire staff of the Foundation
- Convene and coordinate FHR management functioning in a collaborative and collegiate style to ensure synergy across departments and functions and oversight, development and support of functional managers.
- Oversee and support administrative requirements of the FHR.
- Lead on annual operational planning and budgeting for the FHR.
- Support the Executive Director with the financial management of the organisation, ensuring that Management and Board are able to fulfil their duties and accountabilities.
- Programme Management
- Provide support to the Executive Director in the managing of the FHR and the implementation of the programmes and day to day operations of the FHR.
- Provide support to the Executive Director to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous programme evaluation and consistent quality finance and administration, fundraising, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resourced needed to achieve the strategic goals of the FHR.
- Provide support to the Executive Director to oversee preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual implementation reports and budgets and other necessary financial documents.
- Providing oversight and support to reporting systems within agreed M&E framework.
- Leads on efforts to define organisational capacity needs, and organisational structure
- Ensuring that the organisation’s technology and infrastructure is adequate to support programme and campaigns work
- Communications, Advocacy, Representation and Reporting
- Communication and co-operation with the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and all other Departments, government officials, NGOs and Civil Society as required.
- Support the Executive Director’s engagement with the Board and general governance oversight, helping to ensure that the Board has all necessary information about organisational issues and their performance required to oversee consistency with FHR strategy and policies and assess effectiveness.
- Where necessary, act as FHR’s official spokesperson, in coordination with the Executive Director and Supervisory Board.
- Oversight on Media and Communication engagements.
- Support the Executive Director to build relationships with existing and new donors and funders
- Part take in developing and implementing income generation initiatives for the FHR
- Identify new opportunities through grants, sponsorships, partnerships, and consultancies
- Secure funding to support ongoing operational management and programme work, to expand existing projects, and to establish new projects
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, Political Science, Human Rights, Public Policy, International Relations, Law, Sociology.
- Relevant work experience in the development and human rights sector can be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree but candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 Experience of the NGO/CBO and Human rights sector
- Working knowledge of and commitment to human rights, especially in South African context
- At least 10 years relevant working experience at senior management capacity
- Demonstrated experience of working in an environment with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise for programme work within the sector
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated experience in Project monitoring and Knowledge management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be familiar with the NGO/CBO sector
- Ability to represent the organisation at a national level
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, from government to community-based organisations
- High level of professionalism
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and adhere to deadlines and set priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including developing workplans and schedules
- Excellent computer literacy skills, including advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- Possession of a valid driver’s license for South Africa
- Knowledge of risk management
- Sound knowledge of people management and staff supervision
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
- Salary and commensurate of experience (package will be cost to company and performance based as according to the FHR internal policies)
- Fixed term contract with a six month probationary period and the renewal subject to performance and availability of funding.
- The Foundation for Human Rights is committed to promoting equity and encourages women and men previously disadvantaged to apply.
- Applicants must submit a cover motivational letter along with an updated CV, which should include the details of three referees (providing both telephone numbers and email addresses) and the references should be traceable.
- Deadline for all application submissions is Wednesday 30 June 2021 at 16:00 hrs.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the position.
- Only suitable qualified candidates will be considered, FHR reserves the right to cancel the position should the needs of the FHR change or should we regard the submissions not to be adequate based on its needs.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org