The FHR has recently completed a nation-wide survey of 127 community-based advice offices (CAOs). The survey consolidated the experiences of communities served by CAOs during the lockdown levels 5 and 4, focusing on human rights, access to basic services and the lockdown’s impact on CAOs themselves. The results from the Survey were launched virtually on 09 July 2020 in a form of the webinar hosted on Zoom. A number of distinguished panellist took part in the virtual launch, including:
- Dr Riina Kionka, the Head of the EU Delegation to South Africa;
- Judge Navi Pillay, South African Jurist and the former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights;
- Hon John Jeffery, Deputy Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development;
- Ms Norea Mmina, Opret Advice Office, Limpopo
- Dr Fikile Nobunkani Vilakazi, University of Kwa-Zulu Natal; Covid-19 People’s Coalition
- Mr Mervyn Abrahams, the Pietermaritzburg Economic Justice & Dignity Group (see https://pmbejd.org.za/ for more information).
- Ms Tshenolo Tshoaedi, the Executive Director of CAOSA.
To download the Full Survey Report Covid-19 CAO Survey Full Report click here
To download the Summary Survey Report Covid-19 CAO click here
To download the snapshot with the key findings from the survey click here
The reports have been researched and written by: Katarzyna Zduńczyk; Katherine Brown; Bongane Gasela; Zimbali Mncube; Robert John Tyrrell; and Zaid Kimmie.