The Foundation for Human Rights, in partnership with Street Law, is conducting a Capacity Building Workshop for Paralegals and Community Advice Offices from18-19 September 2018 in Johannesburg.
The programme will cover the following themes:
- Employment Law
- Consumer Law
- Housing: Succession, Divorce and Death
- Governance of and by CBAOs
The FHR will facilitate a session on the following topics:
- A report-back on the survey of CAOs conducted by FHR
- Proposal writing to assist CAOs in applying for funds from donors
- Report writing including monitoring and evaluation
- Financial reporting
This session aims empower the participating advice offices, including those that are not funded by the FHR to overcome challenges.
Venue: Stay City Hotel, 46 High Street, Berea, Johannesburg (GPS Coordinates: S26 degrees, 10 min, 59.7 sec, E29 degrees, 03,279 min)
Similar workshops will be held in KwaZulu-Natal (1-2 October 2018), North West (15 – 16 October 2018), Eastern Cape (29-30 October 2018), Western Cape (29-30 October 2018), Free State (26-27 November 2018) and Limpopo & Mpumalanga (12-13 November 2018.)