See “Part B: Writing the Proposal” in Access to Justice and Promotion of Constitutional Rights Programme 2009–2012.
Know the donor. Have a clear understanding of what the FHR’s goals are in terms of the Access to Justice and Promotion of Constitutional Rights Programme. Your overall agenda cannot be very different from that of the FHR.
Know yourself, in order to project a credible picture to possible donors.
- Who are you, and what is your identity?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses, and what opportunities and threats confront you?
- What is your track record?
Plan the Project. Make a strong link between your mission and strategy and the specific project. The projects you plan should be part of your strategy, not just a way to raise money.
- Know your objectives.
- What you want to achieve (your ends)
- How you want to achieve it (your means)
- Who the main beneficiaries will be.
Know the Process.
How you are going to achieve the project purpose?
People identify with people. Give your proposal a human quality, not just a dry summary.